Monday, April 2, 2012

Heart breaking loss

Today my Nana would have 74 years young.  Yes, I said young.  Have you ever known a 74 year old red head who wasn't feisty?!  Me neither! My Nana could tongue lash with the best of them.  She was the strongest woman I have ever know.  She lost 2 sons and a husband (one week to the day after her birthday).  You would have had to lock me up in a padded room.  Now, she had her faults.  She was nosy, bossy and thought her way was the best way!  But she was my world from the time I was born until we lost her 3 years ago. 

I have to say, for the most part today was a good day.  The sun came out and it was warm.  She never did like the rain.  Hated how it messed up her hair. :)  So for the sun I thank her. 

So, to be short and to the point (sorry but it is hard to type through tears):
Happy Birthday Nana.  I love you and miss you so much every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment