Wednesday, January 25, 2012

growing up..

Tonight my girlfriend designed my daughter's upcoming birthday party invitations with a few ideas from me.  They are beautiful!!  I love them! And I am very grateful for a creative friend.

My daughter will be 10 years old on February 9th.  We are celebrating her big day on Saturday the 4th because her actual birthday falls on a Thursday this year.  To ring in her decade of life, we are doing a special birthday extravaganza.  We will start the day, at what looks to be a very cute boutique in Seattle, for manis and pedis for four 10year olds and pedis for me and my trusty sidekick Nikki (that I have roped in to help me chaperone).  They will also be getting a little make up done.  oohh lala  We will then be hitting the mall so they can strut their new pampered selves around and spend some money.  LOL  After that we will fill our bellies with some dinner and crash at a local hotel.  Apparently, slumbering at a hotel is all the rage these days.  This works for me cause our house is small and four giggly 10year olds are not my favorite way to pass the night away.  This will also be saving my husband from abandoning ship that night.  LOL

I am actually looking forward to the day, not only for the pampering, but let's face it, who doesn't love staying in a hotel on a Saturday night?!  Now she has been told that this isn't an every year type of party, because it is not cheap, but you only turn 10 once.  Maybe we will revisit this type of party at 13.  But who knows, by then, there will probably be something else that is all the rage and a must do for birthdays.

She is growing so fast, I can hardly keep up.  She makes me a proud mommy everyday, so we will celebrate her "decade birthday" with some style. 


No comments:

Post a Comment