Sunday, January 22, 2012

A graceful defeat

Well, no one likes to lose.  Certainly not any members of my family.  Today was a very stressful day.  That darn NFC Championship game, I thought I was going to have a stroke.  All I could think about was how to make my husband feel better, even though I knew all my kind words would still be salt in his wounds.  But my husband is a gracious loser.  He would pout and sulk and lick his wounds tonight so he could have a brave face for tomorrow facing all of the haters we work with.

Thank goodness that is not going to happen.  Way to go NY Giants!!!!  My husband is one happy man and I am one happy wife.  My life will continue to be peaceful, at least for the next 2 weeks.

He will proudly wear his shirt, hat and jacket tomorrow.  He will proudly take all of the pats on the back and the snide congrats with the follow up of the "no way they will be able to pull it off in the Super Bowl" comments.  He likes when everyone doubts his team.  Makes for a sweeter victory. 

And because he is such a good sport, he will be sporting NFC Championship t-shirt and ball cap in 3-6 business days.  He is lucky it is payday weekend.  LOL  (oh and my daughter is pouting because I didn't buy her any football gear, even though her Lions made it to the playoffs).

Way to go babe..  I am happy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment