Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Afternoons

Sundays are supposed to be lazy, uneventful days.  Not for me.  Those days are called Saturday.  Sunday is for chores and getting back into work mode.  But I worked yesterday to help make up for the 3 snow days I was forced to take due to Mother Nature.  So today was spent mixing chores with mindless pleasures.  In between loads of laundry, I spent hours trolling Pinterest and Facebook.  Looked at ideas to update my tween's room and other things that make me happy.

Now, I am no Martha Stewart.  I am the complete opposite in fact.  I do have vision, I just don't know how to get it out of my brain and into action. I am working on that.  I think my first test will be my daughter's bedroom and the spare bathroom.  Now don't get me wrong.  I don't plan on making this happen over night.  Ha!  Anyone that knows me, knows how funny that really is.  BUT, I do plan on baby steps.  Today, I took the first step.  Ideas.  Yep, ideas.  I need to see my ideas in action to make sure they are good ones.  So today, me and my daughter looked at different bedroom ideas and we are both on the same page as to what we would like her room to look like.  Now, I have to start my frugal shopping.  I am not made of money, so I have to start looking for individual pieces that I can make into something she will love.

It is a good thing I surround myself with people who are creative: my best friend, of 23years is a hairdresser (One of the best!), my wonderfully friend Dominique, who runs her family's restaurant and banquet room and then there is Nichole, my own personal Martha Stewart.  With their opinions of my new ideas, I am sure my daughter's room will be great!

There I go getting off track.  No big surprise.  I did tell you that I made today a mix of work and play. Now to finish off today with the rest of the laundry, dinner and a clean kitchen.  Oh, and for good measure, the New York Giants winning, so I can live with my husband for another couple of weeks.

Hope your Sunday was what you wanted it to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment